Published On: Thu, May 28th, 2020

Council tax bands: Up to 400,000 homes are in the wrong band – how to challenge yours | Personal Finance | Finance

It should be noted that before a challenge is started at all, the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) should be emailed.

If correct evidence is provided, the VOA may be able to change the band without the need of a formal challenge.

If a formal challenge is needed, a six step process will need to be followed.

The person challenging will need to find their property’s band on the valuation list and then select their property.

From here, the person will need to select the “Do you think this Council Tax band is wrong?” option.

The challenger will then need to answer certain questions on a checklist and select “Make a formal challenge against your Council Tax band online.”

Source link

About the Author