Published On: Mon, May 25th, 2020

World War 3: Kremlin claims US is spreading misinformation | World | News


Tensions between the US and Russia have been boiling over as US President Donald Trump won’t renew arms treaty agreements without China’s involvement.

The claims of US misinformation about Russia’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic came from Vyacheslav Volodin, the chairman of the Russian State Duma.

He said on the State Duma website: “The purpose of all these planned attacks is obvious – to destroy Russia.

“We must prevent this from happening.”

Volodin noted that the purpose of the alleged US attacks is to discredit the Russian president, the main institutions of power and key politicians in order to undermine their credibility and weaken them.

READ MORE: Trump FURY: US President warns this state over shock Republican convention move

He also said that Washington goes to extremes with regard to Russia and China, which previously did not happen, as these countries surpass the United States in development and growth.

But Volodin added it must be acknowledged that the United States remains the main financial center worldwide.

According to Volodin, Washington also violates its obligations in international trade, cancels agreements in the sphere of global security, and puts at a disadvantage European partners, “thinking only about themselves.”

President Donald Trump also said on Thursday that Russian violations make it untenable for the US to stay in a treaty that permits 30-plus nations to conduct observation flights over each other’s territory.

But he hinted it’s possible the US will reconsider the decision to withdraw.

Trump’s announcement comes as the US begins new nuclear arms control talks with the Kremlin aimed at replacing an expiring weapons treaty with a modern and potentially three-way accord that brings China into the fold.

Senior administration officials say Trump’s willingness to leave the Open Skies Treaty is evidence of how prominently arms control verification and compliance will feature in the new talks.

Marshall Billingslea, who was appointed last month as the president’s special envoy for arms control, said Thursday that he had his first secure phone call with his counterpart in Moscow, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov.

Billingslea said they agreed to meet, talk about their objectives and find a way to begin negotiations.

Billingslea said: “Suffice to say, this won’t be easy.

“It is new,” also adding that the US fully expects Russia to help bring China to the table.



Source link

About the Author

-